II. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The purpose of our collection, use and how we hold and disclose your Personal Information may depend on the particular nature of your engagement or interactions with us or our Websites. In general, we will collect, use, hold and disclose your Personal Information to:
❖ provide you with products or services or information relating to such products or services;
❖ provide you with information that you request;
❖ provide you with responses to queries that you may raise with us;
❖ assist with our internal business activities, including meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
❖ enable our analysis of the products and services that we offer and the manner in which we engage with you;
❖ communicating new or existing products or services, including through promotional or other marketing activities;
- KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
The kinds of Personal Information that we ordinarily collect includes your name, position of employment, residential, business and/or email address, telephone number, bank account or other financial details, or any other information in connection with providing you with products or services that you may wish to receive, along with others detailed below.
We collect Personal Information through various methods. Generally, Personal Information will be collected directly from you during our conversations over the phone, through email or other channels, including online and through our Websites. Personal Information may also be collected indirectly through third parties where it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to collect directly. We may collect Personal Information from Independent Contractors, some of whom may be described by us as Independent Contractor Advocates (“Advocates”). You will ordinarily be informed of this collection in advance or as soon as reasonably practicable after the collection.
We have summarised below other methods that use the Internet to collect Personal Information from time to time, which include:
- Traffic Data. If you access its Websites, EcoForce may collect information that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of devices accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”).
We also use the following Internet-based tools to serve you more effectively and to communicate information to you about new or existing products or services that we may provide:
❖ Google Analytics – This is a web analytics tool by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, California 94043, United States, in this document referred to as “Google”, to record your online activities on our site and to determine how many users are visiting us, what contents of our page are viewed, and how many times. The evaluation is done anonymously. Google Analytics cookies, including the Google Analytics tool “anonymous IP address” and usage data, are usually transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there.
❖ Google AdWords – This is used to record website visits for advertising purposes (remarketing) in Google and in the Display Network. When you visit a website, your browser saves cookies that allow you to be recognized as a visitor when you visit websites that belong to Google’s advertising network. On these pages, ads that relate to content that you previously viewed on other websites that use Google’s remarketing function can be presented to you as a visitor.
❖ Google AdWords conversion tracking – We use this to generate conversion statistics that measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on an ad placed by Google.
❖ Facebook Pixel — We use the “Facebook Pixel” by Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States (“Facebook”) on our website. This is a cookie (i.e., a small text file that is stored on your computer and can be accessed again later). With its help, actions of users can be tracked after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook ad. This allows us to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, in other words, it does not provide any information on the identity of the users.
The following is a summary of other types of information which we may collect from time to time:
- Personal Information. Through your engagement with us or use of, or visits to, our Websites, you may be required or requested to provide Personal Information to us, which may include, without limitation:
(1) “Contact Data” (such as your name, membership number, title, gender, date of birth, mailing address, address coordinates (longitude and latitude), phone number(s), fax number, and e-mail address);
(2) “Demographic Data” (such as your age, gender, profession, education level, relationship status, religious affiliation, country, state, city and likes and dislikes,);
(3) “Financial Data” (such as your credit/debit card number and expiration date); and
(4) “Shopping Preferences” (such as items purchased, purchase date, place of purchase, time of purchase, purchase amount, currency and shopping cart).
- Device Information. Depending on the permissions you have granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download from our Websites, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, certain player search results, and other personalized content. Examples of the device information we collect include:
❖ Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
❖ Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
❖ Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Advocate and Customer Registration. In order to become an Advocate, an applicant must provide Personal Information to us. Certain customers may be required to register in order to purchase products directly from us. Customers will be required to provide Personal Information. We use this information to maintain contact with Advocates and Customers, and to process Advocate and Customer orders.
- Product or Service Purchases. When a retail customer, Customer, or Advocate purchases products or services from us through any of our Websites, the purchaser must provide us with Personal Information. This information is used for billing and payment purposes and to fill orders.
- Information that you make Public. The Website may contain features (e.g. public profiles, forums, and message boards) that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other material, including some of your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which EcoForce is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
IV. Inaccurate or incomplete information provided to us
If you provide Personal Information to us and the information is not accurate or is incomplete, then we may not be able to provide the products or services that you may be seeking from us.
V. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
❖ our related companies and other entities in EcoForce’s corporate group;
❖ allowing you to enter your password less frequently;
❖ remembering your preferences;
❖ presenting information that is targeted to your interests;
❖ measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising; and
EcoForce analyses Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help EcoForce better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, EcoForce is able to better design the Website to improve your experience, and to serve you more relevant and interesting content. From time to time, EcoForce may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. EcoForce does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
- Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons. A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another and to improve site performance.
- Invite a Friend. When you invite family or friends to join the EcoForce network or to attend a EcoForce home party, EcoForce will send an email on your behalf to the indicated recipient. Your name and email address will appear in the “From” line of such email.
- Lead Assignment and Advocate Locator Features. EcoForce occasionally will assign prospective sales and new Advocate leads to Advocates. In these cases, we will provide the lead with the appropriate Advocate’s name and contact information and/or provide a distributor with the prospective lead’s name and contact information. In addition, EcoForce has an Advocate Locator feature on its website. Pursuant to this feature, a prospective customer or new Advocate can locate a nearby EcoForce Advocate. In order to make the Advocate Locator feature and the lead assignments effective, the company will provide the prospective customer or new Advocate with the Advocate’s name and contact information, which may include his/her telephone number, address, and/or email address.
- Disclosure to overseas recipients. Due to the nature of our business, we are likely to disclose your Personal Information to recipients that are based outside of Australia. In many cases, such information may be technically disclosed to recipients overseas because of the companies within its corporate group, service providers that we have engaged, or the cloud-based electronic storage systems that we use or other recipients or service providers which are based in overseas countries, which include recipients based in New Zealand, the United States of America, the Uniting Kingdom and Canada,
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
B. Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send Advocates and/or Customers an email. Generally, Advocates may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
C. Advocate and Customer Service. EcoForce communicates with Advocates and Customers via email, regular mail and telephone on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their EcoForce business. EcoForce communicates with other Customers with respect to products or services purchased by such Customers from EcoForce. Such communications may be by email, regular mail, or telephone.
D. Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out. We now offer an on-line preference page located within the My Account section on ecocredits.co where you can register and change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing materials. You may also update what product/lifestyle preferences you prefer, which may determine what offers and promotional materials you may receive. You may update these preferences at any time, but you must first register by creating an account before you can update any of your preferences. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. You may also change your marketing preferences or remove yourself from our mailing list by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you or by e-mailing us at or by contacting us at: EcoForce, Attn: Privacy Officer, EcoForce Australia, PO Box 5170 Algester Queensland Australia 4115.
B. Text Messaging. If you so elect, you may provide your mobile phone number to EcoForce. By submitting your mobile phone number, you consent to receive text message alerts from EcoForce containing product and event information, product tips or promotions that may be sent using automated dialing systems (“Text Messages”). Your consent to receive Text Messages is not otherwise required to purchase any goods or services from us. You may not consent to receive Text Messages on behalf of someone else or provide someone else’s phone number. You agree to enter into, sign and receive your consent to receive Text Messages electronically.
You may receive approximately 3 recurring texts per month. We do not charge a fee for you to receive Text Messages from us, however, your mobile service provider may charge you for sending and/or receiving text messages and air-time, as well as any other standard applicable rates charged by your mobile service provider. Please check these fees and charges with your provider.
Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. To receive help with Text Messages, you can either read the website FAQ area or call +61 7 30854388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time you may be asked to provide your mobile phone number to EcoForce in connection with specific text messaging programs, which is in addition to the general EcoForce marketing text messaging program. That text messaging program may have additional or different terms and conditions from those set forth above, which will be presented to you at the time that you opt-in to receive those text messages. In general, in order to stop receiving text messages from a specific EcoForce text messaging program, you can text STOP to the five digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive message (i.e., the five digit number from which its text messages are being sent). You will then receive confirmation of your opt-out of that text messaging program. This will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that five digit short code. You will remain opted in to any other EcoForce text messaging programs that you have signed up for.
- Security. We take reasonable steps to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our Websites. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may disclose or transfer such information to take comparable steps to protect that security.
- Secure Shopping. When you place orders on our Websites, all of your order information, including your card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our Websites from capturing and viewing your Personal Information. Since any order information you provide to us on our Websites will be transmitted using a secure connection, if your Web browser cannot support this level of security, you will not be able to order products through our Websites.
- Passwords. To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your Personal Information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. EcoForce will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages).
- Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your credit, banking, other financial information, user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, bank account information, other financial institution information, user name or password from your account.
- Access and Correction. You may request to access the Personal Information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details below. For completeness, we may charge a reasonable fee for processing your request. There is no charge in making your request. If permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may decide to refuse your request. Unless it would be unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with written reasons for our refusal.
You may contact us on the details below if you receive access to your Personal Information and wish to make a correction to the Personal Information that we hold. Where applicable and permitted, you may also update your Personal Information directly by logging into your EcoForce online Back Offices or Customer Accounts, which allows you to access and edit your registration account information. Advocates and Preferred Customers may contact us at email@example.com to update their profiles as well.
- Please contact us using the contact details set out below if you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or Australian Privacy Principles. Upon receiving your response, we will take reasonable steps to investigate your complaint or feedback and respond to you in due course. You may also raise a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You may wish to visit the website for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if you are seeking more general information about privacy in Australia by visiting its website: http://www.oaic.gov.au.